Friday, September 26, 2008

HE'S HERE!!!

We are proud to welcome to the world;
Wyatt Jeffrey Luna born at 12:38pm (CST),
weighing in at 7lbs 8.8oz and 20 1/4inches long.
He has semi-thick dark hair like his Dad. Im thinking he'll lose alot of it like Ettoile did. He's very alert and loves to keep his eyes open and look at Mommy for extended lengths of time. He has the Luna lips just like Ettoile, and Britt swears that he has a semi-butt chin like I do. I don't think I have a butt chin... but for arguments sake I guess I do. In short, you can tell he's our boy.
Mom and Baby are doing great. He's eating well and both are very healthy. Ettoile is with her uncle Brandon and cousin Collin at Noni Kates house (Britt's Mom). She was excited to see the new baby and was all about touching his face. I think eventhough Wyatt was an accident the timing between the two of them will work out to be really good. Wyatt gave Ettoile a new puppy (stuffed animal of course, with two kids under 2 who in their right mind would want a real puppy) which made Ettoile really excited and helped her to welcome the new baby. As most of you remember, Ettoile was born via "crash" emergency C-Section after 8 hours of labor with Britt fully dialated. We chose a scheduled c-section this time so that Britt and I could enjoy the experience (in crash c-sections the mom is put completely out and the Dad is not able to view the birth) and not feel robbed. As per our Dr. the chances of her having a second c-section were in the mid 90's so we accepted his recommendation to schedule the delivery to have a smoothe calm experience that we'd be able to enjoy and remember. Thus far it has been great and Britt is healing miraculously. After just a few hours she was up and walking around with no help, she's amazing. The whole experience has been very calm and wonderful. We couldn't be happier with the new addition to our family.
I know many of you have seen this photo already from my cell phone. Britt asked if I wouldn't take the digital camera until tonight... just in case she wanted to take some pics. Soooo more pics will be up later tonight or tomorrow morning. Love you all!

4 comments:

Jen R. said...

congratulations! That is such a good idea having Wyat give ettoile a present! I can already tell Adelyn is a little diva so I'm worried what will happen when a new baby gets all the attention. He is so cute! You have to post more pictures later. I'm just so proud you already got this up!

Moose and Family said...

Thanks for the update! Glad that to hear that Wyatt has arrived healthy and strong. I sent Brittany a package. Make sure you take it to her if she's still in the hospital when it comes. Did you get the outfit I sent for Wyatt? How about Ettoile's birthday present? Just making sure I even have the right address!!

Shad Hopkins Photography said...

Congrats on the baby boy. Wyatt is a cool name. Good to hear that everything went well.

Anonymous said...

Congrats. You have a beautiful family. Kris R